Fried feta with sesame seeds is combination of salty and sweet that creates maximum flavor.
Sesame Coated Fried Feta
Recipe type: Meze/Appetizer
Serves: 2 pieces
Sesame coated fried feta is one of the easiest dishes, ready in minutes.
- 8 ounce block of feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of flour
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- Olive oil, for frying
- Honey, for drizzling
- Cut the feta into squares or rectangles about ½ inch thick.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl wide enough to fit the feta and beat lightly with a fork. Add the flour on a plate. On a second plate, add the sesame seeds.
- Coat each piece of feta in the flour, and then the eggs, and then the sesame seeds. Be sure to coat well with each step, so all sides are covered.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil (enough to shallow fry) over medium to high heat. Carefully add the feta and fry until nicely golden colored, and then flip and fry on the other side. Drain the feta on paper towels to remove any excess oils.
- Serve warm and drizzle honey on top.
Alternatively, for a healthier version, you can bake the feta for 30 minutes in the oven at 400F.