Chunky texture with robust flavor, mixed Greek olive spread is the perfect dip to keep on hand. The only con about this dish is that I never make enough of it. Spread on sandwiches or serve with your favorite cracker type, vegetable, or bread.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) pitted Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) pitted green olives*
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 basil leaves, lightly chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Drain the olives and finely chop into consistent small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olives, garlics, basil, and oregano. Mix well.**
- Stir in olive oil and red wine vinegar and serve.
**You can also pulse all your ingredients in a food processor, but I have found chopping by hand works best and creates a better texture.