I’m a firm believer that everything tastes better with bacon. I’m also an extreme spice advocate—I love anything with a spicy bite. The more it burns my mouth the better. So, it was only a matter of time before I added these popular appetizers to my blog. These bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers are “Greekified” within the filling, by combining the deliciously salty feta cheese with thick Greek yogurt for a creamy texture. Once the jalapeño is stuffed, wrap a thin strip of bacon wraps around to seal the popper together and sent to the oven.
While jalapeño peppers are what’s standard for this appetizer, you can also spice up or down the pepper to your liking. If you want a hotter bite, use habaneros. For a milder bite, use small poblanos or even mini bell peppers work well. Whatever type of pepper you choose to use, be cautioned that these poppers are addictive and will disappear once served.
- 10 jalapeños
- 20 bacon slices
- 6 oz feta cheese
- 2 oz Greek yogurt
- 6 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 20 toothpicks
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds and membranes. (For a spicier popper, don’t remove the seeds).
- In a medium bowl, combine Greek yogurt, feta, green onions, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well blended.
- Fill each jalapeño half with the cheese mixture. Tightly wrap each piece with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and arrange the bacon wrapped jalapeños.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the bacon is cooked through and crisp to your liking. Serve immediately and enjoy!